The quality kouji(糀) strain from a Japanese miso store that is 300 years old, the organic rice from the friendly land of Luoshan, Hualien, and the domestic non-GMO soybeans cultivated naturally under contract are sealed in wooden barrels, which are hand-made by experienced masters of Sanxia, for the simple ingredients to ferment and ripen with time. The naturally fermented substances possess the activity of probiotics for presenting the unique flavor of natural fermentation so that you can ingest the energetic probiotics and rich nutrients.
Through fermentation, the light saltiness and rich soybean fragrance of ripened miso are brought out to offer sweetness among the refreshing flavor, making it an indispensable daily dish. We insist on making natural products without additives. This is a delicious and safe choice for cuisines.
- Domestic non-GMO and pesticide-free soybeans
- Quality “糀kouji” strain from a Japanese miso store that is over 300 years old
- Organic white rice from Luoshan, Hualien
- Zhou Nan Salt Field’s sun-dried bittern
- Pure water
- Carefully selected organic rice from Fuli, Hualien, and domestic non-GMO and pesticide-free soybeans cultivated under contract by local farmers
- Preservatives and chemical additives are not added during the production process; we wait patiently for koji to ferment slowly
- Four water purification systems are used for filtering the water
The organic rice from Loushan, Hualien, is bathed and steamed, and then cooled by stirring or heated by hot water steam for the temperature and humidity to be maintained at the most ideal condition. The rice is taken good care of for three to four days, during which carelessness is forbidden.
High quality domestic soybeans with higher costs are used. Cooked soybeans and koji are stirred and mixed adequately, and put into and stored in wooden barrels carefully to make sure the flavor of each layer of miso is even.
Sealed in handmade wooden barrels
Koji, soybeans and salt are sealed in wooden barrels handmade by experienced masters of Sanxia for the probiotics to generate flavors naturally without adding any chemical substances.
Fermented with time
Based on the time of fermentation, miso is divided into shinshu miso and aka miso that have been ripened for 3 months and 12 months, respectively. Aka miso is saltier as it has been fermented for a longer time. Different miso can be chosen according to cooking habits.